Monday, 4 January 2010

Don't tell me it's what I think it is....

Having a girly night in and watching a few old episodes of "Sex and the City" (SATC) with some ice cream (how stereotypical? but hey) I was watching the 'Coulda Woulda Shoulda' episode (Season 4, ep 11) around 9 minutes into it Carrie and Samantha are walking and having a chat.

Thinking how further the seasons go on 'Carries' dress sense seems to change too. I looked at the bandana and the corner pointing up then further down she has a necklace. Usually her statement "Carrie" name pendant. However this time I looked and couldn't believe it. Hopng that it was something else i had a double take and I am pretty sure on the long gold coloured chain is says: الله

Now. It's hardly the best show to have that on is it? You may think, well why were you watching it, a muslimah yourself? I am human and I am a woman. In the show there are more topics than just what is in the title. Things about relationships, friendships, career, marriage, fashion, children - it's what alot of women do/talk about no matter the religion. However overall this isn't a blog about defending what I do in my spare time.

Have a look for your self (this is a screen shot i took from the ep that you can view online), or if you google the episode you will also find it;



It's not photoshoped or anything silly like that, it is straight from the episode itself. I print screened it and added a circle in 'Paint', nothing else. You can make out the alif lam lam alif then ha. I really couldn't make it out to be anything else.

Click the picture to make it bigger.
Add your comments on what you think about this.

3 comments :

  1. AstagfirulAlazim,what's wrong with our world?Everything has change..why they are not respected Islam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i must have seen this episode a million times and noticed that necklace 2day! I googled it and only found this site referring 2it! Totally agree, it is defo says Allah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, well she did that on purpose since she was discussing abortion with her friend, a "hidden" statement if you may call it.

    ReplyDelete

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...