1. Give value to your time, live in the present moment. Do not live in imagination and throw your time away.
2. Allah has prescribed a duty, an act, a worship for every moment. Know what it is and hasten to do it.
3. Above all, what you need is high morals, good character, proper behavior; you must identify your bad features and rid yourself of them.
4. A good rule to remember is that if a thing is done to bring salvation, truth, comfort, and peace to others, to oneself, and to as many people as possible, it is good behavior--------on condition that it is not done for personal benefit, but for Allah's sake.
5. Choose to leave that which is due to you and forgive, instead of punishing, so that you will be counted among the compassionate, the peaceful, the righteous, whose rewards are promised by Allah.
6. Anger and its manifestation are one of the great sins if aroused by wrongs done to you personally.
7. It is permissible and right and a part of correct behavior and good character to become angry because of something done against Allah and His divine precepts.
8. Learn to give, whether you have plenty or little, whether you are happy or in pain------------this is a proof of your faith in Allah.
9. The one who gives from his sustenance attracts more than he has given from the Ultimate Sustainer.
10. The miser, in addition to his sin of his miserliness, accuses Allah Most High of stinginess and prefers and trusts his miserable goods over the generosity of his Lord.
[Above quotes by Shaykh Muhyuddin Ibn Arabi]