Saturday, 14 August 2010

Ramadan blog (Day 2 & 3)

I didn't have time last night to update this so it will be a double. Inshallah i get tomorrows up and on time.

The second day of Ramadan (yesterday) was crazy! I was in a complete whirlwind. I had lots of things going around in my head that I just couldn't focus and start ticking things off the list. Bizarre. I don't think i ever felt like that before. It has got to be the pure definition of "headless chicken". So in the end i didn't get anything done. I think it was partly to do with missing Fajr, i got up and then snoozed (just a little too long). I don't recommend it, so don't try it at home kids! Other than Fajr all others were on time aswell as sunnah rakat alhamdulilah. Lots of dua. Other than that i was relaxing on the sofa, I made two cat toys for Niko and watched shows like "Man vs Food"... and they wonder why obesity is a huge problem in the good ol' US of A?


Moving on...


Day 3 (first Jummah of ramadan 2010) started alot better. Before I slept I left my laptop on to run my itunes with Quran playing. It's the one with one line of Arabic and then the English translation follows after it. I had my alarm on for Fajr and alhamdulilah I was on time. So that's now 2-1. It was a little strange with it playing as it made me sleep very light (total opposite to how I normally go) but felt fresh when i woke up. Today i got alot of cleaning done and two rooms are complete - all happy and fresh! It rained so much today. I was in awe. Rain, on a Friday, and during Ramadan? We were truely blessed mashallah. It was an amazing time to make dua, so i took a break from cleaning and did just that. Whilst the kaffir cringed over it being 'friday 13th' Muslims had the clear evidence and knowledge of Allah SWT (just to confirm our beliefs if we weren't as strong in them beforehand!) Subhanallah.

Sahel Ibn Sa'ad (RA) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said:
'Two will not be rejected, supplication when the Adhan (call of prayer) is being called, and at the time of the rain'. [Al-Hakim 2: 114, and Abu Dawud #2540, ibn Majah]



Later I made iftar for the bro in law alhamdulilah. We had salmon (garlic & lemon) with rice. For afters I had a little bit of pineapple and two whole lines of galaxy chocolate :D

So far tomorrow I have (non islamic things) the upstairs of the house to clean and tidy, I need to catch up on some YouTube videos (cutting that down largely this month and inshallah the future to make way for more productive things inshallah), reply to messages and emails from friends and then I have an appointment to get my hair done (eeeek!).
Is it just me or doesn't anyone else get any 'me time' lately? Just me? Really? The last time I went to a salon was probably about 2 years ago, maybe more! When it got too long last year and I was hard of time I just got the hub to cop a few inches off whilst i was in the shower. Who knows what they are going to say tomorrow, it's a total mess - dry, frizzy - i hope they don't get a telling off! I have no idea if it's straight or not. What i do know is that my layers have definetely grown out. So yes, i am completly over excited about getting my hair done. You can't complain since this is a rare occurance.

I better make the most of it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...