Saturday, 11 September 2010

Alhamdulilah for the other half

So if you got married and completed half your deen, as well as being clean, does that mean you have fulfilled your deen? As two halves equal a whole...

It's amazing how one person can say one thing which turns your whole day/week around. I don't know where i'd be without Zawji. I truely believe that there is a suitable partner for everyone in this world subhanallah.
Just look at Ross & Rachel :p
As i've been feeling a little 'emo' lately it's always a good thing when the hubs gps is on the ball to relax me and to tell me to chill the hell out.

I wanted to get married when I was 16. It meant giving up certain things specifically travelling. I had travelled with family when I was younger but wanted a different experience - on my own or with friends and meeting new people, taking in new sights and cultures. It had always been one of the things I wanted to do in life. However everything happens for a reason. I can still do those things however in a slightly different manner. Before I married I reverted to Islam so was blessed to have got married so quick after my reversion alhamdulilah. Very cliche, but I wouldn't change it for anything and do not regret it one bit.

For example now i have someone to protect and support me, talk to, rely on and someone who respects me and would basically provide anything for my needs. Mashallah. I couldn't ask for a better man. Through meeting the other half I have travelled to Trinidad & Tobago and Jordan. Two places which weren't particularly high on my 'travel list' but the experiences were some of my favourite in my life. Alhamdulilah. We both love to travel but of course it's not always an option for some, especially in this economy and rat race. Inshallah we will be visiting Germany (next year) soon. Although I have mentioned I'd prefer to visit a place where we wont be stopping with family. All our family are very welcoming and hospitable but sometimes you just need your own time! I requested Italy, or preferably scicily (which my ancestors originate. They say it's some links to the mafia or soemthing or other.....i kid!) but they really are from scicily.

I'm not sure how that all links in, it may just be a lot of rubbish but it makes sense in my head as a mini therapy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news:
I stayed in the house today - can't trust the ignorant kaffir on the best of days nevermind today.
I now *heart* blackberry themes. I've had dancing cupcakes through to a butterfly sitting on a pink neon cherry and all for the price of 0.00p (so that's always good). I now have my sewing machine but am stuck for inspiration (can you believe, when i didn't have it i wanted to make everything!).
I have watched a huge pile of movies within the last week some to mention are:
"Everything's Fine" (De Niro. I cried and cried and cried. Watch it!)
"The Infidel" (Funny Muslim/Jew comedy starring Omid Djali)
"Up in the Air" (George Clooney rom/com/dram-esque and the joys of redundancy)
"American History X" (Classic)
"Cloudy with a chance of meatballs" (Awesome! you'll love it more than the kids)
"Pulp Fiction" (What is all the fuss about???? Pu-lease enlighten me..??)

I want to bake this cake which i found ingredients for but no instructions, can't be that hard though right?:

For the cake

225g self raising flour
30g cocoa
200g caster sugar
100g butter
200g condensed milk
100g good quality dark chocolate
2 eggs, beaten

For the ganache
100g good quality dark chocolate
150g milk chocolate
250ml double cream



2 comments :

  1. Asalaamu Alaikum

    You wanted to get married at 16, but did you? I was married at 16 but that was my first marriage. I remarried at 23 to my muslim husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was 16 and we got married just 3 days after my reversion. Alhamdulilah :)

    ReplyDelete

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...