Sunday, 24 October 2010

Life As A White Muslim

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful



A recent article by Theresa McCune which i find myself relating to, just change 'American' to 'British'. Here's a snippet:


"...It’s quite odd, in a land of so many different cultures, religions, ethnicities, languages, and faces to match them all, that my white face under a scarf should cause such confusion. For some reason, my explanation of being “white” solidifies my American-ness in their minds.
It shouldn’t be that way, but it is. I don’t know how to fix it. I guess I’ll just go on stumping a while longer. Maybe someday scientists will come up with a cure..."
click to read more


3 comments :

  1. made an interesting and enlightening read - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. salamoAlykum sis,
    i just visit tday ur blog via ma frnd blue pearl,,,
    ur blog is reallllyyy very fabulous and intresting ,,,yet all posts are amazing.
    GOD BLESS U
    shukrun ya habibi

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Zainab - no problem. Inshallah there will be more in the future! Thank you

    @ Ranii - Jazakallah khair. Thanks for the comment, i'm glad it benefits others :)

    ReplyDelete

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...