Sunday, 31 October 2010

The W word

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful



OK, so us Brits aren't the best people for handling severe changes in the weather but ack, i have to say it - it is sooo sooo cold right now!

There's a blue sky and sunshine alhamdulilah but no heat - this must be what Canada is like (so people say). I went to the doctors this morning (20th, i schedule posts ;) and i thought my eyeballs were going to freeze! It is supposed to be Autumn as the leaves are falling and what not but I can assure you that we are in winter conditions.



Wouldn't it be great to have another house is Australia?
then as soon as the cold season hits the UK i could fly off and enjoy the summer over there. I'd never have to see winter again, and that for me wouldn't be half bad. I love the snow and that is the only thing about winter i enjoy. Oh and getting all warm and cosy infront of the fire, but with renting a house without that feature just really makes me want tropical temperatures ASAP.

Basically i just don't function well in winter, getting up to go to work its dark and leaving its dark. I'm sure i have S.A.D and would appreciate having the option of hibernation!

I must find my gloves which have been very loyal over the past 3/4 years. I love them. Now finding them is going to be the hard part...I will leave on a positive note though: with wearing my hijab my ears won't freeze, and they will be so toasty :D

Ma'a salama

2 comments :

  1. I'm a Brit,but I feel completely opposite about the colder weather..any excuse to cosy up indoors with hot chocolate and a good book..and because I'm quite a large lady this is the only time of year I don't feel overheated in hijab !I love to pile on brightly coloured shawls that usually make me feel like I'm melting and it's great NOT to hear the usual daft question 'don't you get hot wearing that scarf?'..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @June
    You have a point there. It's so easy to layer in Winter which is a plus i guess. I'm still hoping for summer asap : ) but alhamdulilah.

    ReplyDelete

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...