Thursday, 4 November 2010

Undercover in hijab...

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful


This is a well written piece on hijab. I wonder if she saw my video "The Hijab Challenege"? hehe...

Undercover in hijab, unveiling one month later
"Hilton Als, an African American writer, says our worldview and sense of “otherness” is created in our mother’s lap.

Mother’s lap is protective and familiar. Leaving this worldview can be uncomfortable, but I can assure you, the rewards are much greater.

Hijab
Last month, I climbed out of my “lap” and wore a hijab, the Muslim headscarf. I thought this temporary modification of my appearance would bring me closer to an understanding of the Muslim community, but in retrospect, I learned more about my place in the world.

Simplified, one piece of fabric is all it takes to turn perspectives upside-down..." Read on...

No comments :

Post a Comment

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...