Sunday, 16 January 2011

I want one! And you should too.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful



"What is it?" i hear you say, well let me tell you.

In 2008 (yes, i'm a little slow, but better late than never eh?) a turkish inventor Soner Özenç created an illuminating prayer mat.

"Built on intricate technology, the 'Sajjadah 1426' (signifying 2005, which is 1426 according to the Islamic calendar), combines the best of Muslim culture and ingenuous art" ~ BornRich

However that is not all, what impressed myself was that it actually guides you towards the qibla in Mecca (the correct direction to face when making salah). The lighted areas of the rug turn brighter the closer the rug is turned toward the direction of Mecca by an embedded compass!! Subhanallah.


I think it looks stunning and definetely worth a 'mashallah' :D
I could really see myself falling into deep concentration in a darkened room with the mat glowing under my feet and Quran on my tongue. Beautiful.

Now, where can I we get one of these?

1 comment :

  1. lol I saw it before but I think I would not be able to concentrate well.

    ReplyDelete

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...