Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Water is your friend



بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful



If i go to a friends house or even visit family and they ask what i would like to drink I say "water" 90% of the time. The other 10% i'd go for fruit juice/smoothies but only if i'm feeling in the mood ;)

Yes, it may come as quite a shock but i don't drink tea (English tea that is, i can cope with some herbal teas) and i cannot stand coffee. I love the smell of it, especially arabic coffee but i cannot stand the taste of it what-so-ever. The silly thing is that i will attempt to try some every now and then thinking that i'd get used to it or that my palette may 'mature' as i get older. But no. I don't do either. So then i have hosts who feel bad for just running the tap and giving me water. Seriously, i'm sorry to say but i just don't get it! I am happy with water. As far as the average person goes, we don't get enough water per day (8 glasses is recommended).
Alhamdulilah that I have access to clean water. It is necessery for our bodies to consume water each day. Another type of drink that i don't drink is fizzy pop or 'soda'. I could never handle the sensation when i was younger with all the fizz going on. Now i'm quite happy that i don't. There is no benefit in it at all. Just sugar, gas, E-numbers and caffeine. Yes i maybe 'odd' but that's me and and has worked great for me for 22 years so far. I'm still here, and you know the reason why? Water :p Here are some fact-a-roonies for you all.




The above shows you why we can can feel so horrid when we are dehydrated.

Also i hope everyone read the "WATER or COKE" blog post, if that doesn't open your eyes i don't know what will. Also note that if coca cola is your preferred choice of drink, please change it as they fund israel in their war crimes. Do you really want to be part of that? And in most countires their drink still contains something called Sodium Benzoate, which can cause infertility. It was in OASIS too, so always check the label if you HAVE to buy these types of drinks!

So to conclude:
~Water is GREAT for you and is a very important element subhanallah
~Drink more of it each day
~I am not a freak
~When i visit, i really don't mind that you are "just giving me water"
~and...stop buying coca cola and funding the israelis

3 comments :

  1. Asalaamu Alaikum

    I like water too and mostly drink that. When I go to someone's house I also never want coffee or tea but instead take juice. If I'm at a convert's house I actually get to have what I really like in winter; hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water is the best! I try to drink 2-3 liters every day! The only problem with that is that I also have to use the bathroom 2-3 times an hour =p

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post - love it and thanks for the reminder...i recently started drinking loads of water after neglecting it for a while

    ReplyDelete

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...