Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Why I don't like Maths

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful





Alhamdulilah for my marks at school. I wasn't in the bottom classes but always felt i did better in other subjects even though i was in the highest level class for Maths.

I just didn't like it.

This only started in High School as in junior and infants, i found it really quite easy and thinking back to those days, teachers did actually teach.
In High school we had soo many different teachers for maths it was crazy. Not forgetting the poor supply teachers who had to put up with teenage crap that was pulled. I even remember that a fellow classmate jumped out of the window to get out of the teachers rulings. We were on the ground floor, don't fret. Some crazy times were had i tell you. Anyway, back on subject. I started to dislike it from there. The teachers were that exhausted I guess they thought "well if one of them gets it then stuff the rest". As i remember starting new sub-topics and just not 'getting it'. Now, as a teacher myself I know that if a pupil does not understand - it isn't their fault, it is the teachers fault. People learn in many different ways so if one approach isn't working then try another. Just because something works for one doesn't mean that it'll work for the rest. Basically we had lousy teachers and because they would come and go there was no chance of lessons following on from one another. Very disjointed and something you don't need when going through GCSEs. Some people love maths and i've heard "it's the same in all languages" once before. Hmmmm... it's just that most things that we learn are forgotten about in no more than a few weeks. Remember when teachers used to say "you'll need maths when you grow up", i never listened to that then and now being 'grown-up' can well and truely say that i don't need advanced maths in my everyday life. You only need basics and you're fine. As long as i know how much percent i can save off a new bag i'm happy! Graphs of this that and the other are pretty much pointless. They'll get you a few marks on that exam paper but after that - nothing. So kids, listen but don't listen. End of :p

No comments :

Post a Comment

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...