Saturday, 19 March 2011

Don't call me 'Babysitter'

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful




Little children come to me for hugs and books and such.
I care for all their special needs and also fix them lunch.
I pick up toys, mop up spills, and sometimes dry their tears.
I change their diapers, settle fights, and kiss away their fears.
I tie their shoes, button coats and push them on the swing.
I really love these kids, you see, but there is just one thing.
Call me Yara, Aunt or Teacher or other names that fit,
But please don't call me the "babysitter,"
Because I never get to sit!


Author unknown

4 comments :

  1. Assalamu Aleykum,

    MashALLAH, thats a really moving post!

    Btw you have been given an award, please check on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing sis!

    Sister, I’m making a Muslimah blog directory. And I was wondering if you wanted to submit your blog. If you do please email me at : rabiaaisrabiaa@gmail.com
    Here is the directory http://muslimahbloggers.blogspot.com/
    Anyone who else who is a Muslimah wants to submit their blog is welcome as well.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just happy to meet other muslimah reverted, my name is Zaynab, I am spanish, and I let you my blog, is just starting, but inshallah we will guide many people to our Ummah.
    http://intothegardenoftherighteous.blogspot.com/
    and I am sad bec you are so far, I live in Denmark if not you could help me with my baby who will born in 2 months insha Allah.
    Allah Hafez ughti.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalamualeikum sister! :-)

    Just discovered your great blog through SWB, and mashAllah, I love it already :D This really is a great post and quite moving too as the other sister mentioned. I also find it quite amusing, especially the last part! :D Hard working mummies, may Allah swt reward all of you and help you all in ways that we children never will be able to! :)

    FiamanAllah

    -The Creative Muslimah

    ReplyDelete

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...