Monday, 13 June 2011

Fashioning Faith: a documentary by Yasmin Moll

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful


Muslim clothing designers in New York City struggle to combine high fashion with a high sense of piety. Their designs aim to stay true to Islamic principles of feminine modesty while attempting to break into a fashion scene marked more by exposed shoulders than covered hair. In the process these young women designers are redefining what it means to be a modern Muslim in contemporary America.

Fashioning Faith: a documentary by Yasmin Moll from Yasmin Moll on Vimeo.



1 comment :

  1. Salams sis..
    congrats u are the winner of my giveaway!!
    http://myazfashionspot.blogspot.com/2011/06/winner-of-giveaway-is.html

    ReplyDelete

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...