Friday, 30 September 2011

Rick Owens' Hijab on the Runway


بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Autumn/Winter 2011 fashion find: Rick Owens

Now that is a headscarf/hijab I could wear in winter!


I come across this designer whilst browsing my favourite fashion blogs and websites for leather jackets. I maybe late on this if you have seen this designer mentioned on one of the more official 'hijab fashion blogs' but I wanted to share my find anyway!

Many of his pieces are so hijabi friendly. It's a shame that they aren't very purse friendly... unless you happen to be a Princess in the UAE ; )

I love the length and how this skirt falls:
Ruched jersey maxi skirt - £410


And I am a fan of uber long sleeves, scrunched up a little as I find them so cosy.
Long-sleeved jersey dress - £295


As long as the skirt isn't hugging your figure too much, you'd just need to add a hijab to this outfit and you are good to go

Paneled leather jacket - £1,515



More from the collection here:


1 comment :

  1. I've always thought of RO as a "hijab friendly" designer. Some of his Drkshdw stuff actually isn't too bad price wise, and make it machine washable which tends to be unheard of for designer clothes. The RO aesthetic has become very popular that the look can be achieved for a lot less. I mix my RO coat with long skirts from F21.

    ReplyDelete

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...