What do you look for in a pair of boots? They are one of my favourite types of shoe and I always like to put more thought into it whilst buying a pair of boots. I'm looking for a great all round boot for winter
I was just reading the latest article on HijabTrendz which i'm subscribed to (I hope you are too!) and thought i'd make a little checklist of demands myself.
2. Great quality inc. Waterproof - i.e. puddle proof(!)
3. Brown - I have two pairs of black boots already
4. Wedge 2"-3"/flat - preferably wedge, definitely no heel
5. Feminine - no brogues or military style ones, i'll leave those for the men.
6. Wide/long enough so that trousers can be tucked in - versatile styles?
7. Trendy for many years to come
8. Rubber sole - or any other which has good grip and non 'clicky' sounds
9. Comfortable - of course!
10.Simplistic and chic
Betty Jackson-Debenhams £60.00 from £75.00
John Lewis £112.50
New Look £79.99
It is shocking how the fashion of A/W 2011 has failed this year the choices are very far and few inbetween. I don't wish to pull off the whole butch look and I just cringe every time I see a brogue in the womens section (just because it's in 'fashion' doesn't mean that it suits you. People forget that too often). I did come close to a pair of 'perfect' boots but they weren't the right shade of brown. I want more of a chocolatey brown rather than a camel brown. Inshallah I find some soon as I don't want to be stuck in Ugg boots all winter (again!)
P.S: How much of a stupid idea are those boots with a peep toe???!! o.0 Practical went out of the window on that one! lol :)