Friday, 16 December 2011

What did you do today?

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful


There is a nasheed, or religious song, by singer/songwriter Dawud Wharsby Ali who asks, “What did you do today? Were you kind to your mother, did you smile at your brother? What did you do today?” We need to reflect on our actions and ask ourselves before drifting off to sleep each night, “Did I make the world I live in a better place today?” During your waking hours we should remain vigilant of our words and actions and cognizant of the angels recording our every deed for the Day of Judgment.

If we can behave in a kind and compassionate way, half the battle to live an Islamic life has already been conquered.


1 comment :

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...