Saturday, 18 February 2012

Cooking for One





بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful


I know i'm not alone when I say that my husband tend's to work long hour's. Alhamdulilah, work is a blessing especially in this countrie's climate, more people are out of a job then ever before. When our partner's work shift's they can sometime's be over social hour's, and you can find yourself just cooking for one in the evening.

It's something which we all tend to look over, one time or another and we don't necessarily enjoy cooking, as there is no one to share our lovely cooked meal with.

So one evening a decided to change thing's up a little. Drop the unhealthy microwave meal's, instant noodle's and takeaway menu's! I promise that these will keep you full for longer and will have a far better taste than any manufactured meal. It's also about getting out of that laziness and being creative in the kitchen as alot of these meal's which you will see are just what I have put together, with no recipe in sight.
I always feel that the effort is truly worth it and I hope you do too!


Here are a few simple, quick, but tasty and satisfying dishes - cooking for one:



Homemade Neapolitan Pizza
If you have some dough already made, then this is a great choice, you may like to listen to "La Donna e Mobile" for some inspiration to get into the pizza pie making mood!

TIP: if you don't make your own pizza sauce you can always use tomato puree and ketchup for convenience....just don't let my Italian ancestor's know i said that(!)



Halloumi + Egg Pitta's
Not just for breakfast ;)


Cod, Mushroom's & Pasta
Note to self; must make more sauce next time!

Jacket Potato 
There really is potato under that mountain of cheese. 
My name is Yara and i'm a cheese monster.


TIP: use spare leftover's for topping's!



Broccoli Cheese Spaghetti
 (much more tastier than what it looks like! I over boiled my broccoli, doh!) 



And the last but not least, my favourite:




Italian Chicken & Spinach Noodle's 


Ingredient's:
Fine egg noodle's - one nest
Baby spinach - half a bag (100g i believe)
Rock salt
Italian Seasoning
Lemon (to clean and season chicken)
2 garlic cloves
Lemon Pepper
Method
 Dice chicken breast
 Add 2 garlic cloves to olive oil, season chicken
 seal chicken pieces
 stir, when almost cooked through

(MISSING PHOTO) ADD SPINACH

 Once wilted, add noodles
 add boling water and 1 chicken stock cube
 simmer for 5 mins or once noodles are cooked
 Serve!


I hope you enjoyed, and let me know what your favourite dishes for one are, as I love to try new thing's when cooking.

Bon Appetit! 





2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love food posts! Love the noodles one at the end, ive never thought of cooking the noodles in the rest of the meal, i always cook mine seperately and add at the end. I bet they taste better your way though!

    Aqeela xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know ive never tried to cook them seperately (partly to save on the washing up haha) but i always like the different flavours to mingle together : ]

      Delete

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...