Monday, 12 March 2012

Inspirational Muslim Sportswomen!



بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful


It's going to be a short one today. Here are my favourite Muslimah's in sport, who are pretty fab mashallah!



Najmeh Abtin {Archery} - She's an Iranian muslimah who is famous for archery and also an olypmian in 2008 Beijing! I quite like archery as i was introduced to it by my Dad when i was about 7 (i think!) and once got a bronze medal for it :) It is also one sport which our Prophet Muhammad encouraged the learning of, making it a Sunnah thing to do.

EDIT: Why didn't anyone tell me about Katniss of "The Hunger Games"? I only had the chance to read the book just yesterday, in less than a day i had read it cover to cover. If you are not familiar Katniss (who is the main female character in the book) is an Archer, not for sport but for survival. It makes me so happy that is has made more people look into and try out the sport *big smile*.
But can I just say, I was an archer before it become fashionable ;)




Marjan Kalhor {Skiing} She's also an Iranian muslimah who performed at the winter olympic's 2010 in Vancouver, Canada! I stumbled across her by chance when I was researching ski holiday's and the thing's one would need to buy etc. I like it when thing's like that happen. The beauty of the internet :D








Blog find: Muslim Women in Sport's
An insightful blog which post's about Muslimah's in an array of sport's and the topic's affecting their skill, it's very interesting and quite inspirational. I have been following them for a couple year's but never shared it until now.

What is your favourite sport??


6 comments :

  1. nice post! they are very inspirational. these sisters excel all while representing Islam with their attire. mA ..archery and skiing are cool but i love tennis! :)

    http://sarahriaz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I like tennis but my favourite racket sport has to be badminton, i enjoy playing it with my husband in the summer month's :)

      Delete
  2. what about that Muslim woman wearing the hijab who won a marathon in some Olympics thingy? that was a very popular news a long time ago :)

    Allah knows best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many Muslimah's to list, subhanallah. The two above are which appealed and inspired myself at the time of writing :)

      Delete
  3. I wrote about some of Djibouti's female athletes for Running Times magazine. It is always inspiring to see women excel in sport. Thanks for a great post. Here's a link to the articles, click on 'running times.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive known about this especially post circa 1979 when iranians were encouraged by the islamic revolution to participate in such sports, but its good to see it spread to other muslim majority countries as well becoming more talked about as here

    ReplyDelete

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...