Wednesday, 18 April 2012

DIY Lush Oatifix Natural Face Mask




بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

I was recently browsing LUSH's website when I came across their face mask's. I generally stick to their more fun product's (bath ballistic's, massage bar's and bubble bar's) as i rarely have problematic skin to justify spending money on one of their face mask's.

I come across a highly rated face mask called Oatifix.
As I was checking the ingredient's (a habit of mine after creating the halal beauty product list) I thought to myself "I could make that!".
Oat's, banana's and almond's are the main ingredient's. I mentally scanned my cupboard's and realised that I normally have all those in, so i'm sure alot of you do too! 


Here's what you will need:


A handful of oat's
1 fresh banana (mashed)
A few almond's
1 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Olive/Coconut Oil (add an extra 1 if you have dry skin)




1. Quickly blitz the oat's and almond's so they are much finer. If you prefer your Faux-tifix more coarse then leave the the oat's be, but you will need to smash the almond's up quite a bit! If you don't have a food processor then you can use a sandwich bag and bash them with a rolling pin or whatever is at hand!  :D

2. Mix all ingredients together. FUN!

3. Place in the fridge for 30 minute's. BOOO! Use this time to pamper another part of your body and cleanse your face in preparation to get the full benefit's of your natural face mask!

4. Remove from fridge and gently massage the face mask into your face (where else?!). Don't forget to include your lip's!

5. Rinse with warm water after 15 minute's (as much as you will be tempted, don't lick it off!). As you rinse you can rub the mask off in circular motion's and the oat's and almond's will work as an exfoliator too!

6. Towel dry (pat, never rub!)

7. Admire your lovely pampered skin!



I'm not sure how much this would cost you (mere pence maybe), but i don't think it would be anywhere near the price of £5.75/75g from LUSH!





11 comments :

  1. At first I was surprised to read about halal beauty products, as a non-muslim, I know about halal dietary guidelines but hadn't thought about beauty products. So I read your other post about them and found it insightful and practical. Thanks for keeping people informed! Also, I love the homemade version here, great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a lot on accident, how long can i keep this in the fridge for (to save for another time)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. moisturizing face mask I want to avoid all those things, for that I need the proper tips over ,,,,,,,,,,,,as per your better skin improvement then have touch on that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jazakillahu khiran for this! I am so excited to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jazakillahu Khiran for this! I cant wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very nice to see people making such beautiful products,
    I have one question though,
    You only have 5 ingredients while lush uses many more,

    Glycerine (Glycerine), Havermeel, fijn (Avena sativa), Bananen, biologisch, vers (Musa paradisica), Water (Aqua), Amandelen, gemalen (Prunus dulcis), Illipe boter (Shorea stenoptera), Kaoline (Kaolin), Talkpoeder (Talc), Vanillestokjes (Vanilla planifolia), Sandelhoutolie, uit Nieuw-Caledonië (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill), Benzoë gom (Styrax tonkinensis pierre), *Coumarin (*Coumarin), *Benzyl cinnamaat (*Benzyl Cinnamate), *Linalool (*Linalool), Parfum (Perfume), Gardenia extract (Gardenia jasminoides)

    my question is how simillair is this product if u use so much less?
    Don't get me wrong in this case i think less is more! but im just curious!
    Thank you if you find the time to reply

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very nice to see people making such beautiful products,
    I have one question though,
    You only have 5 ingredients while lush uses many more,

    Glycerine (Glycerine), Havermeel, fijn (Avena sativa), Bananen, biologisch, vers (Musa paradisica), Water (Aqua), Amandelen, gemalen (Prunus dulcis), Illipe boter (Shorea stenoptera), Kaoline (Kaolin), Talkpoeder (Talc), Vanillestokjes (Vanilla planifolia), Sandelhoutolie, uit Nieuw-Caledonië (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill), Benzoë gom (Styrax tonkinensis pierre), *Coumarin (*Coumarin), *Benzyl cinnamaat (*Benzyl Cinnamate), *Linalool (*Linalool), Parfum (Perfume), Gardenia extract (Gardenia jasminoides)

    my question is how simillair is this product if u use so much less?
    Don't get me wrong in this case i think less is more! but im just curious!
    Thank you if you find the time to reply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most of these ingredients are spices and fragrant...

      Delete
  8. Hi!,
    Ive a question about the ingreients,
    You use so much less then lush, and i think less is more in this case. But how simmilair is the product then to that of lush,
    and how did you determine what to leave out!?

    Lush ingredients are,
    Glycerine (Glycerine), Havermeel, fijn (Avena sativa), Bananen, biologisch, vers (Musa paradisica), Water (Aqua), Amandelen, gemalen (Prunus dulcis), Illipe boter (Shorea stenoptera), Kaoline (Kaolin), Talkpoeder (Talc), Vanillestokjes (Vanilla planifolia), Sandelhoutolie, uit Nieuw-Caledonië (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill), Benzoë gom (Styrax tonkinensis pierre), *Coumarin (*Coumarin), *Benzyl cinnamaat (*Benzyl Cinnamate), *Linalool (*Linalool), Parfum (Perfume), Gardenia extract (Gardenia jasminoides)

    thank you if you find the time to reply!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most of these ingredients are spices and fragrant....

      Delete

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...