I was recently browsing LUSH's website when I came across their face mask's. I generally stick to their more fun product's (bath ballistic's, massage bar's and bubble bar's) as i rarely have problematic skin to justify spending money on one of their face mask's.
I come across a highly rated face mask called Oatifix.
As I was checking the ingredient's (a habit of mine after creating the halal beauty product list) I thought to myself "I could make that!".
Oat's, banana's and almond's are the main ingredient's. I mentally scanned my cupboard's and realised that I normally have all those in, so i'm sure alot of you do too!
Here's what you will need:
A handful of oat's
1 fresh banana (mashed)
A few almond's
1 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Olive/Coconut Oil (add an extra 1 if you have dry skin)
1. Quickly blitz the oat's and almond's so they are much finer. If you prefer your Faux-tifix more coarse then leave the the oat's be, but you will need to smash the almond's up quite a bit! If you don't have a food processor then you can use a sandwich bag and bash them with a rolling pin or whatever is at hand! :D
2. Mix all ingredients together. FUN!
3. Place in the fridge for 30 minute's. BOOO! Use this time to pamper another part of your body and cleanse your face in preparation to get the full benefit's of your natural face mask!
4. Remove from fridge and gently massage the face mask into your face (where else?!). Don't forget to include your lip's!
5. Rinse with warm water after 15 minute's (as much as you will be tempted, don't lick it off!). As you rinse you can rub the mask off in circular motion's and the oat's and almond's will work as an exfoliator too!
6. Towel dry (pat, never rub!)
7. Admire your lovely pampered skin!