Monday, 11 June 2012

Modest Fashion Monday - Wardrobe Essential's Part 2



بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم


 Maxi Dress

Great for most of the year, very modest and easy to layer. The main thing to look out for it how they sit on your chest area. Bandeau and halter neck will accentuate curves so coverage with a good wide hijab/jacket is key! 
Halter neck, spaghetti straps, kaftan style, long sleeved... choose which you feel most comfortable in. The plainer the dress the easier it will be to create an outfit around it, and which you can use over. Check to see it if is lined for opacity if not ensure the material gives enough coverage.

Muslimahs Essentials
(if you like an item in any picture featured in this mini series, just click the image to be taken to all the details!)

 Maxi Skirt 
Great choice for a bit of femininity in the summer month's instead of trouser's. A-line skirt's work well too but you have to be a little wary and make sure there isn't a slit at the back (especially if purchasing online).
 They are fab as they go with pretty much everything. On the rare occasion that you do find a floor length, slit-less, a-line skirt, my advice? snap it up, in every neutral colour!

Muslimah Essential's
(if you like an item in any picture featured in this mini series, just click the image to be taken to all the details!)

Wide leg trousers/jeans
My personal favourite. They go with everything. I personally feel that they are stylish, flattering and chic. Pretty easy to style and are miles better than having leggings and skinny jeans on show. Ensure the hem fall's properly over your footwear rather than riding up your leg. There is so much variety to be had but it's best to start with a black formal pair and a denim pair (smart and casual). If you are going for palazzo's have a look to see if they are opaque. Don't worry if they are little more tailored around your thigh's and bum as a tunic/cardigan/abaya will be covering this.


Next week's post will cover garment's for the top half: tunic's, cardigan's, and jacket's....See you then!

Recommended reading:
All the hadith and Quran ayah's you will need which support's the reasoning behind the modest dress Muslimah's have.

7 comments :

  1. Salam alayki, Fab post. Lovely dresses just the kinda garments I would wear.My style of dress down to a t!!! Glad I came across your blog! Peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! There's lots of post's in this series scheduled so don't forget to subscribe : ]

      Delete
  2. Masha'Allah a very great post! I love maxi skirts and dresses and also those wide leg trousers. I hope to be able to find a pair soon :-) I love the ones that look like a skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my fave too, palazzo's are really lovely to wear :)

      Delete
  3. I love maxi dresses but have never found a maxi skirt that suits me since my old one got too tatty (loved that skirt though). I blame it on my big bum! I love the fourth skirt in, any idea where its from?
    Aqeela xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, they can be a pain for hour glass figures, that's why i wear a tunic to cover the bump! The skirt is by Rick Owen's, one of my faves too, but it's a pretty penny lol. If you click any of the image's it will take you to the polyvore page and you can find all the info on each of the skirts/trousers/dresses how much and where to get them etc :D

      Delete
  4. I love palazzos too. I was worried that they'd make me look frumpy but thankfully even the Italians I work with (who are always impeccably dressed) say that my palazzos are really elegant and feminine. I bought mine from Pearl Daisy and they're so comfy! Sarita x

    ReplyDelete

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...