Thursday, 23 August 2012

I know What You Did Last Eid!

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم 
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Thinking back to our last Eid ul fitr (2011), I realised that I never blogged about our little day trip to see the Monkey's! Note that this wasn't the actual Eid day (that's why you won't see me mentioning going to Eid prayer's etc), it was a couple day's after, when all of us were free.

My Mum, my Hubby, my little bro and I went to the Monkey Forest Park in Trentham.
It was a beautiful sunny day. We were so blessed with the weather, there was only a little, light shower in the morning, the rest of the day was perfect. Blue skies, sun, fresh air, family fun and lot's of monkey business! Not forgetting the food for the picnic that I got up at the crack of dawn to make, so we could set off early!

I really enjoyed the day as we never got to do anything special for Eid in previous year's. In England (at least the area where I live) it can just go past like a normal day so it was a welcomed change and a much needed piece of soul food that i'm so grateful to have enjoyed.

Here is how our day went...
Much busier than this in the morning's, I forgot to snap a pic on arrival so this is from when we left
Before entering the forest we decided to have a munch first:
Chicken Mushroom Quesadillas
 Arayes
Arabic salad
Carrot sticks & hummus
Olives
Fruit Kebabs
Shortbread
There's a picnic area and learning centre before the forest. Off we go!
Beautiful scenery before you enter the the forest
.
Lots to learn!
Swinging from the branches
Adult carrying baby after he ran off hehe!
So cute mashallah
Allahu Akbar, their mannerism's are so funny, I could watch them for hour's just sitting and eating

One of the many information board's
Pretty scenery, mashallah
Up in the tree's
Whatcha doin over here?


Can you spot the baby?
This little cheeky monkey just sat and posed for everybody! 
So close. Amazing!
Monkey business, directly above us

Just as we were leaving we had a one of a kind photo opportunity! 

And a wonderful day was had by all!

 If you've never been to the monkey forest, you have to go! There are no cage's or barrier's between you, which feel's a little bizarre at first but is such a great experience. One monkey came so close to me when I was filming that it made me a little excited and nervous, because he was rather big. When I say close, I mean arm's length away and he looked at me to say "aren't you going to move?" The only problem was, was that I saw it through my camera and it didn't look as close until I looked over and realised what was going on. The staff do remind you to not get too close during their talk's at feeding time. Alhamdulilah he was a good monkey and didn't have a baby with him so didn't feel threatened and he just went around me. 

We went around the forest twice, once you pay you can in and out of the gated area of the forest as much as you like. There were lot's of children with happy face's too so if you are thinking of taking your little one's, go for it! It's also pushchair friendly too, lot's of parent's pushing their babies around so don't worry  about that. The park was clean, staff were lovely and more than willing to share their knowledge. It's a fairly cheap day out too if you think that one adult is £7.50 for an all day experience. It's easy to find and it's free parking. You can buy food and drink there, but i'd recommend having a picnic, either on the benches provided or on a blanket because they are all taken. Don't forget your camera because i'm sure you will enjoy looking back at your snap's/memories as much as I do!

Inshallah this year me and my hubby will be going to Alton Tower's with my brother in law and his friend! Last time I went I was reciting dua's as we were cranked up to the top of the track! I think as we get older we are more aware of what could go wrong and aren't as care free as our younger selves... especially when you've seen Final Destination 3 ;)

EDIT: We didn't go to Alton Tower's, hubby had to work on Eid so I cooked and invited some of my family around to enjoy the feast with my hubby, bro in law and I, alhamdulilah.

What did you do on your Eid day?

6 comments :

  1. MashaAllah.. it must fun visiting Allah's creations right? :)

    During my eid, my family and I were gathering at my grandmother's house. eating eating and eating and also took a lot of pictures :)

    Come visit my blog :)
    Love from Malaysia~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alhamdulilah, it's the best! :))
      Being with family is also good, I can't wait to enjoy eid with a big family inshallah. Or experience Eid over in Jordan one day!

      Delete
  2. assalamualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa baraktu sis!!
    these are absolutly great photo's masha'Allah! and the colours just really pop out at you masha'Allah!!!

    I wanted to ask you, since you are a revert.
    I'm looking for reverts and guided-again Muslims to share their stories on my blog in hopes to do dawah and reach out to the world..please share this link and also if you know anyone let me know...they will not be identified (unless they choose to be) and they will be under "Anonymous"
    here's the link!
    http://onechinesemuslimah.blogspot.com/2012/09/attention-looking-for-reverts-re-guided.html
    please let me know if you are interested and shoot me an email insha'Allah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu!
      Thanks for the comment.

      I will have a look at your link, but I maybe too late?? : / sorry.

      Delete
  3. Asalamu alaikum.

    Food looks good.

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...