Monday, 12 November 2012

Muslims & Pigs - what's the deal?

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Whether you are a Muslim or not I have a few thing's to say. I never thought i'd have to mention something so simple or at least easily available in books but humans never cease to amaze me with their quirks and so called beliefs. This isn't to say that I know everything, it's just me stating a few simple point's that may help others se it in a different light..

♥      ♥            

A pig is a creature of Allah (SWT).  As is a horse, dolphin, beetle, hummingbird, all animals were created by Allah and all should be respected.

Don't hate any creation of God. Everything has a purpose.
How can you not like this?



Muslims are prohibited to EAT pork...as are Christians and Jews.
He has only forbidden you carrion, blood and pork and what has been consecrated to other than Allah. But anyone who is forced to eat it-without desiring it or going to excess in it-commits no crime. Allah is Ever-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Qur'an, 2:173)

We can still say the word 'pig' without spelling it out as if it's a taboo word.

You can still teach your child about pigs on the farm (because they need to learn) without skipping that page of the picture book. In some cases i've heard parent's banning the book or removing the page of the book....?! Absurd.

A pig is NOT a sacred animal in Islam, that isn't the reason why Muslims do not eat pork, at all.

It isn't funny when a pigs head, heart or other organ is thrown over a mosque wall, it's just vulgar. If you are wondering who would bother to do such an immature thing, this has been known to happen in England. In their ignorance they believe the last point to be true, so wish to offend.

A pig is impure as it eats it's own excrement, this is one reason why Muslims do not eat pork.

A CSI will use a pig carcass to determine the type of weapon/blade used to create a unique pattern in the skin (stab wound) in a case, as the animals skin is closest to that of a humans. Tattoo artists also practice on pig skin before they are allowed to ink a customer. There are people who think this (pig skin/crackling) is actually beneficial to consume.

It is an adulterous animal. You are what you eat.

Pork is incompatible with the human body, it's known to cause heart disease and other illnesses with it's high salt, hormone, antibodies and fat content. Think of all the auto immune and other unexplainable diseases that seem to have 'no trigger'.

Not forgetting pork can cause issues with your cholesterol, block arteries, and let's face it, it's never a 'must have' ingredient on any healthy meal plan!

Juvenile attempts to cause friction by placing a packet of cooked ham on the halal meat stand in the supermarket, will be ignored. Just like if a child were to have a tantrum, negative behaviour will not be awarded with a response.
And the question, aimed at reverts, on alot of people's lips, is surprisingly "do you ever crave a bacon buttie?". I'll be straight with you, the answer is no, it turn's my stomach at the very thought of it. How can it not when I have come to realise the serious harms of it? I prefer clean food, packed with nutrients that will prolong my health rather than poison it. It's the least I could do after all, I have been blessed with health many currently go without. 
Alhamdulilah. 

4 comments :

  1. I really enjoyed reading your article. I find it strange too that parents stop kids from watching peppa pig or don't read stories about pigs on a farm. You're right - it's not permissible to eat it but you can see talk about pigs without making it a taboo. I mean piglet in winnie the pooh is so cute - it seems ridiculous to treat winnie the pooh as haram! in fact if a child sees a cute pig, they'd probably be less inclined to want to eat it anyway... anyhoo, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)
      Exactly, although I have heard of parent's banning 'Peppa Pig' for a completely different reason (encouraging bad behaviour in children, but that's another story). Three little pig's, this piggy went to market... there's quite alot of pig related song's or stories out there for children.

      I've never liked anyone to banish something or cry "Haram" without any good reasoning or evidence behind it. It does more harm than good, and probably explains why there are so many confused Muslim's in the world today. They get told this and that is haram/halal, but hardly a reason why, or the foundation knowledge for them to think about it for themselves.

      Delete
    2. Nice article. You provided me a different angle to look at pigs :)

      Delete
  2. Great article. I think it's something that people who do the things you mentioned need to read. There's lots of other animals which we can't eat but people don't to seem to have too much of a problem with talking about or mentioning those animals?

    I think any sort of animal body part thrown into a place of worship is just vulgar. I don't see why anyone would even think of doing such a thing?! But you're right there are cases of this happening :(

    ReplyDelete

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...