In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Autumn is one of my favourite season's. Summer being my most favourite. Just to look outside, watching the leaves change colour and fall to the ground as trees prepare to survive the winter retaining as much water as they can. SubhanAllah, clear sign's of the work of Allah SWT.
It starts to get chilly. Perfect time for a snuggle under the blanket with your loved ones or simply alone with a good book and a cup of green tea. This is the time of year I would like to enjoy an open fire.
I was unfortunate to miss going out for a forest walk this autumn. One day Hub and I were walking to the library with orange and gold at our feet and the next time I looked outside the tree's were completely bare. It's hard for me to get outside, I really dislike going out alone because of the odd character's that are about, especially now we have only a few hours of daylight. Plus it's recommended to have a mahrem with you at all time's of unnecessary/non emergency outing's.
You may have seen the "I ♥ Fall Tag" on YouTube. It looked fun so I thought i'd join in and would do it here. However I will insist on calling it:
I ♥ AUTUMN TAG
1. Favourite Fall/Autumn lip product? Honey & Milk Nivea lip balm. It's so good, works really well. I'd recommend it!
2. Favourite Fall/Autumn Nail Polish? MUA shade #1 ...not really a polish wearer, but i love that deep, dark, sparkly navy colour. Not the first shade you think of for Autumn but it's better than pink or my neon UV light purple polish!
3. Favourite Starbucks Fall/Autumn Drink? I don't purchase any starbuck's product's as they fund Israeli war crimes as it's owned by a Zionist However i'd choose a black forest hot chocolate from Costa Coffee. Italian coffee shop's all the way!
4. Favourite Fall/Autumn Candle? Any. I don't burn my yankee tart's that often so any are a treat, a flickering flame is really relaxing. Plus, i can't wait to try the slatkin & co candle's, but they aren't available in England. We don't have Bed bath body works and beyond or whatever it's called lol. Somebody said they sell them on QVC but they are marked up to crazy price's. So hopefully I will sample some when I get to NYC.
5. Favourite Fall/Autumn Scarf or accessory? Hijab obviously lol. The best accessory, all year 24/7. In Autumn and winter I do like to phase out thin, summer hijab's. I bring in the pashmina's, use al-amirah's underneath for an extra layer or use a Palestinian scarf keffiyeh (a real one which is properly woven, not those printed, fashion fakes) as a neck scarf, around my hijab, because those keep you really toasty!
6. Haunted house, haunted hay ride, or haunted corn maze? Neither.I hate any weird stuff like that. Especially when I was little, going to the London Dungeon was bad enough lol. My Nanna lost all feeling of her arm that day from how much I held on to her. Although saying that, I do wonder how the Alton Tower's scarefest is. One year we had been on all the rides during the day and when we were leaving, all the character's were starting to come out for that night's scarefest. Some of them were so good. I remember there was a man dressed all smart and 'normal' in a suit but he was holding one of the belt's to a mental patient's straight jacket, who was walking really funny, having spasm's, limping and everything. She must have been quite the actress, the make up and costumes were fab too, as I still remember them. However i am glad we left, there was lot's of other ghost's and goul's etc and these day's I wouldn't dream of going anywhere near thing's like that. I think people should leave Jinn alone. That's why I don't understand Muslim's dressing up for Halloween... *face palm* I do not condone any pagan fest'.
7. Favourite Halloween movie? HOCUS POCUS! I loved that when I was small. It's so funny to see SJP as the ditzy witch, I only realised it was her a few month's ago! As mentioned above, I really don't do 'scary' stuff so that's as far as I'll take it. My hubby loves the SAW movies, he told me all about them and how it's such a clever and unique storyline, I tried to watch one but it's just too much gore for me. Oh and mistakenly watching Scream when it first came out (again, i was little) was a HUGE mistake!
8. Favourite candy to eat on Halloween? I think i went trick or treating once in my life, it really isn't that big of a 'holiday' in England compared to how commercialised it is in America. People give out fun size treat's or the Roses they didn't like, such as hard caramel's, and nobody likes those!
9. What are you dressing up as for Halloween?! N/A but when i was little it used to be the same thing - a witch, it was usually the only thing available for girls.
10. What is your Favourite thing about Fall? The leaves that change colour and the crunch beneath your feet. I used to play conker's with my brother's and i remember going for a walk with my step mum and collecting lots of leaves, bark, berries, conker shells and sticking all the colours and texture's to a piece of paper and showing my collage to my infant school class.
Hopefully, now winter has made it's dramatic, cold entrance, we will find a day that my hub is off work, get our wellies and boots on and go for a walk around Caverswall. I haven't been since a junior school trip and it's a little green gem of a place, considering the surrounding area. I remember the post office selling rhubarb and custard boiled sweet's (my favourite!) like sweet shop's in the olden day's. I hope it's still there.
Now I can't remember if it was here or in Dovedale that I remember after a long walk with a school group, swimming in a river playing water polo (or something of the like, we had a ball, in water, it was competitive), stood on a rock, slipped, and I now have the scar tissue on my shin to remember that day, but i didn't really care at the time. It was one of those care free, fun, experience new thing's, having no responsibility time's. Summer bliss. Thinking about it, it may have actually been Dovedale, another place which i'm sure would look just as beautiful in winter as it does in Summer. Oh well, that was a little extra story for you to enjoy, hehe.
What do you love or will miss about Autumn?