Thursday, 23 May 2013

25 Bookish Things About Me [Tag]

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

This is a booktuber video tag I saw, and because I don't make youtube videos any more i'm going to blog it instead. Here we go!


  1. My favourite children's book is The Very Hungry Caterpillar
  2. When I was young I was rewarded with book's for good behaviour, and this is something I will do with my children in the future
  3. I will buy a book just for the pretty cover without even checking the synopsis... if it's the right price!
  4. Although they're more bulky, I prefer hardback to paperback
  5. I hate spine crinkles on paperback's
  6. I have been known to read my paperback's with them open at 45degree's to stop spine crinkles
  7. I always keep my book's in clean, near perfect new condition
  8. I hate to lend my book's as I rarely get them back, and other people don't respect book's to my standard
  9. Dog ear's upset me - use a bookmark!!
  10. Some of my favourite memories as a child were at the children's library where i'd sit for age's reading book after book
  11. I always used to pretend to be the teacher and read my book to the imaginary class, holding my book out toward my 'audience'
  12. I love a bargain bucket of book's, most of my book's have been fab little drop on's
  13. I read a wide variety of book's
  14. I don't have a favourite author
  15. In high school my favourite curriculum read was 1984 by George Orwell, and I some how still have my copy of it. Along with: Macbeth, Henry V and Great Expectation's. Oops.
  16. I am yet to read most classic's, even though I had a collection of them as a child
  17. My favourite children's author is Roald Dahl, I used to spend my £3 pocket money on his book's from whsmith when I was little
  18. My favourite book of all time is The Quran. No matter what, when or where, each time I read it, it's as though something click's, relate's to that moment in my life and touches me. It still has the WOW factor, and i'm pretty sure that will never fade. God is the greatest.
  19. I love building my mini islamic library but dislike how Islamic book's are so expensive
  20. Other than my islamic book's, my next largest collection is cookbook's, I love getting inspiration from them
  21. As a child care practitioner, one of my favourite activities is reading to children, I couldn't encourage it any more, if a child wants a story for the third or fourth time, read it, set their love of reading from an early age
  22. When I was young, I remember my Nana reading an Enid Blyton collection book to me, I loved it so much I wanted to take it home, she said "no" and to keep it at her house so I had something to read whilst visiting and incase I lost it, but she finally gave in. I did end up losing it, to my complete dismay. I don't know the name of it, it didn't have it's dust jacket and was a blue hardback but all I can remember from it was a character called Mr Squiggle appeared when a naughty girl kept drawing on the wall's (I think her name was Kathy..?) If anyone knows which book this is, please let me know! I'd be incredibly grateful!
  23. I can only read in deadly silence, how people listen to music and can concentrate on the story as lyric's go through their ear's, at the same time, boggle's my mind!
  24. I love urban outfitter's book's, they always seem to find fun, quirky, coffee table, must-have-it book's
  25. I find it sad when people say they've never read a book in their life or utter "I hate reading". What? where have you been? who are you? You just haven't found a book you like. You are missing out on so much. Join a library, have a browse, just read something
  26. (Bonus point) Reading in the car or on a bus makes me travel sick, it's the only thing which lets me down from a bookworm point of view. I read one little paragraph and my stomach is thrown off for the entire day. Do you know how many more book's I could have read in my life, if I was able to do this? Such is life, my friend's.
If anyone is on GoodReads, come join me! It's free to sign up and it's basically a social network for reader's. If you're like me, i'm sure you'll really enjoy it!

No comments :

Post a Comment

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...