Wednesday, 15 May 2013

APRIL recap - Link Love

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Asalamu alaikum, i'm back with a belated monthly recap.

April was mostly spent pondering my future with work and studying. I researched more universities and the course I am interested in. I still have a little way to go, in term's of entry requirement's, i'm getting there slowly but surely. I may go into this further in a separate blog post in the future inshaAllah, as I didn't take the typical education route.

A trip to Ikea and The Range helped us complete some home improvement's and DIY


Listened to this fab interview on nutrition for beginner's, if you're looking at improving your diet then i'd recommend it - ProductiveMuslim interview's Nour Zibdeh from NOURition

After my interview was successful I was asked to return for a 3 day trial so show them what I could do, the job position is very much sort after and I am yet to hear a decision, dua's needed as it's much more than a job to me, Allah knows. 

Spent a whole week creating lesson plan's, researching fun, early learning activities, children's islamic art's and craft's and making resource's/DIY sensory recipe's

We went to Jimmy's World Grill



Enjoying the cartoon's on The Muslim Show

I discovered my new favourite lip balm - burt's bees beeswax lip balm



Have you heard Dawud Wharnsby Ali's song "Rachel"? I cried when I heard it for the first time this month

One word: Dexter. I'm completely addicted and have just finished season 5

Went into the city for a little shop with Mum

Mango & Passion fruit cooler for me


Discovered some fab recipes and made: chocolate courgette cake, pistachio nut butter, & Zaatar crisp's

You can have your cake and eat it too!

Baked Zaatar crisp's, mmmm.

Wilted spinach in kufta after trying and tasting it in the cannelloni at La Favorita

Downloaded a great, free dua app called: Dua & Azkar thanks to ProductiveMuslim for sharing it

I still havent been able to hit the gym, but I have been doing home workout's alhamdulilah - no excuses!

Islamic Knowledge
Returning to Allah - Nouman Ali Khan
Why Yusuf Estes left Catholicism
YOLO is destroying our youth and ummah

TV & Movies
DEXTER
Prison Break
The Amazing Race (I only watched it online for #TeamYoutube)
Safe
What to expect when you're expecting
From Prada to Nada
Zookeeper

Books
Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
It's quite good, I just haven't had time to or the ability to fully function to read. Sounds crazy as I love reading but I guess i've had alot on and just decided that it's better to flake infront of the TV with netflix...we all have those day's.

Random Googles
giant bubble recipe, urbanfonts, fonts2u, pre school printables, growing milkweed for monarch's, Boots simply sensitive gently refreshing toner, school bullying dr michele borba, keele university, audiomicro, arabic for children, close protection training, slow cooker reviews, nutritiouseats,

InshaAllah I will be writing more blog post's this month, i've got to get that blogging bug back as I really have missed it!

No comments :

Post a Comment

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...