Tuesday, 4 June 2013

How to get Netflix US on your UK PS3 [Techie Tuesday]

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

For the past couple of month's we've been enjoying Netflix. It has some enjoyable series and movies. Being the movie junkies we are however, hubby and I have seen most of the worth while movies available on the UK Netflix. 

I was curious to find out that you can simply change your DNS and once you open your netflix on on your PS3 you are then free to view the American Netflix. I always find it interesting how they change the movie poster's for different audience's. It would be interesting to see the reasoning behind some particular ones. 

How did I do it? I changed two thing's.
This only works with a wireless connection, and is so easy to do! You still pay the same amount per month too.

You will find that some seasons are missing, when the UK netflix host's them all and other series have more season's available, use it how you will. Personally, I enjoy the variety of documentaries available on the US version such as "Happy", "Hungry for Change", "Bully" and so on, picture's that I would have had to miss out on, or simply wait a long long time for them to hit the UK netflix shores. I was surprised to see that Dexter is not available, but I already ate up that piece of pie so i'm not worried!

Anyway, how do you switch over?

Turn on PS3

XMB (Xcross media bar)


 Settings 


Network Settings


 Internet Connection Settings


 OK / X


 Custom


 Scroll right until you reach DNS setting


 Manual and enter the following numbers


 Primary DNS: 190 - 14 - 36 - 90


Secondary DNS: 109 - 123 - 11 - 24


Click right, until the last page


Connection test


Once complete, go and turn off the PS3


Turn on PS3


Open your netflix as normal, and now you have the US version!


So true!


No comments :

Post a Comment

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...