Wednesday, 31 July 2013

JULY Recap - Link Love

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

DIY decoration's that I made last year went up this month!
Just some of the many food's of Ramadan iftar's and suhoor's

Ramadan greeted us, alhamdulilah
Fasting through the heatwave
Made islamic revision card's
Organised so many photo's and files on the hard drive and laptop - such a long job!
Read an abundant of natural birth stories
Wrote my personal dua list
Finally got round to sharing "My Edible Summer Garden"
Feel good, charitable Eid Gift Guide
Invited a friend round for iftar, yay!
I ran away with the circus...just for a couple of hour's ;)
Ramadan nesting - cleared lots of junk from the bedroom and organised other room's
Made 4 new recipe's: mansaf, lamb and spinach stew, prawn salad, victoria sponge cake
Planned our stay-cation for August...will I ever make it to Italy?? SubhanAllah
Got ma hurr did (i'm probably getting it done as you read this!)


Great strength, no harness or safety net
Pine nuts and almonds with rice are my favourite - they add so much to a meal, alhamdulilah
Much needed!

A+ for packaging...still won't sway me to ever like the stuff though.

Perhaps the worst possible delivery that I could take in for the new neighbour's : /

Have you read this blog post by Grow Mama Grow? Never Too Late about getting an education whilst married with kid's, inspiring for many Muslim women out there


Islamic Knowledge
Hajj: The Greatest Trip on Earth - catch the documentary on 4oD, you wont be disappointed
Let's start from the very beginning...

TV & Movies
DEXTER..first episode of season 8, then a break for Ramadan
Prison Break finale - I balled my eyes out, I wasn't prepared for all those feel's! Such a great series
Downton Abbey - I watched the first two seasons before Ramadan, i felt like the only person who hadn't seen it lol
A Very British Ramadan
Ramadan Diaries (thanks to Channel4!)

Books
The Quran
And the Mountains Echoed - Khaled Hosseini: FINISHED 
Ameena's Ramadan Diary
Wives of the Prophet (SAW)
I borrowed "Catching Babies" from the library and cant wait to get stuck in, after Ramadan. Also, my very first Ina May book arrived in the post, happy happy! Joy Joy!


Woke up to the sound of panicked wing''s.
Stuck between the window and blind. Even when i'm half asleep I have to get my camera!
An ayah to ponder


You know it's true ;)


No comments :

Post a Comment

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...