Saturday, 20 July 2013

My Edible Summer Garden

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

One thing since moving which I really miss is gardening. Although in my last house the garden was small (a few small flower bed's) it was something. Far more than the mass of concrete slab's I now have outside, which is a shame as my back yard is a fairly good size with lots of potential.

Anas also reported that the Prophet said, "If a Muslim plants a tree or sows seeds, and then a bird, or a person or an animal eats from it, it is regarded as a charitable gift (sadaqah) for him." (Bukhari)

These photo's were meant to be shown around the time that they were taken, however I forgot about them and remembered in winter, which wasn't the most appropriate time for posting and you know how it goes.

Here are some little wonder's from my old garden. Enjoy.

This is 1 of the several beautiful 7ft sunflower's I grew, subhanAllah, one of my favourite's



Not the most skilled gardener, I planted these in a flower bed not realising they need to hang over a pot

Mint, for tea

Lavender

Thing's started to get pretty wild and crazy, those strawberry plant's and Mint wanted to take over whilst Lavender was stuck in the middle

Strawberry picking - somebody beat me to it!

Perfect, sweet, organic, back garden grown strawberries - nothing beats it!

It brings so much joy, I encourage everyone to grow something and start your own edible garden!

Now, do you see why I miss it so?  

4 comments :

  1. That garden really was something special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet those strawberries taste amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your site! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post
    on this topic thanks for sharing with us.Thank you

    flights to jeddah | umrah packages
    | cheap flight to jeddah | cheap umrah packages

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your site! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post
    on this topic thanks for sharing with us.Thank you

    flights to jeddah | umrah packages
    | cheap flight to jeddah | cheap umrah packages

    ReplyDelete

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...