Friday, 2 August 2013

Ramadan Reflection: I want to be...

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Positive psychology activity

An activity for all age's. I wanted something to add to an inspiration board to encourage positivity and wellness. Focusing on bettering oneself, thinking about what I want to be on the inside, and what I want to let go and leave behind. A great time to do this is during Ramadan, it's a lot easier to cut bad habit's during this month than any other. I actually started this last Ramadan and never got round to finishing it, so this year is the year!



One night, I drew a rough, basic, outline of a Muslimah in hijab and abaya. You could draw this up (or something similar) or get your class to do the same.
I would have directed you to the "international hijabi posse" website to download the Muslim child outline freebie (both male and female to chose from) that Nye Armstrong designed, but the site doesn't seem to be available any more...? However, I downloaded it whilst it was available so you could print the picture below. (All cred's & kuddos go to Nye, i'm sure she won't mind me sharing it!)



Before

After
Pink and purple = good, black = bad.
If you like, click the image's for an easier read.
If you wish to keep it all positive, leave out the word's on the outside, but I think it's more beneficial in a personal, social and health class for better understanding of themselves and other's. If you teach a group of children at the Mosque, you may  want to link a few characteristic's along with some hadith? to build on the etiquette's and manner's of a Muslim.

A useful visual aid

The hot mess in the middle should read 'discerning', I guess I was too optimistic to think a Tippex pen from 10 year's ago would work well today. Wow, I have tippex older than my marriage... i'm not too sure what to make of that.

Ramadan is the perfect time to pause life, remember, reflect, plan and change for the better, inshaAllah. 
This is when I will use it most and then throughout the year. As mentioned before this could be a great activity for a group of children for PSE development too.



Thanks for reading!

1 comment :

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your site and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed
    reading your site. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    flights to Umrah
    cheap flight to jeddah
    flights to jeddah
    umrah jeddah flights
    umrah flights from London
    cheap flights to umrah

    ReplyDelete

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...