Thursday, 22 August 2013

Wanderlust Tag

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful


1. Your most treasured passport stamp?
Not so much 'treasured' but I really like the one from America, although it's so boring, it reminds me of my time there. The one from Egypt is nice as it was my first one to have Arabic writing which is more aesthetically pleasing. I do love a flip through my old passport's, I dislike how I had to change them. I have quite a few spread out over 3 different passport's now.

2. Can you recite your passport # from memory if asked? 
No, but it's one of those number's where i'd know what it is if a saw it typed up. Perhaps I should, just incase I ever lose it

Source:WeHeartIt


3. Preferred method of travel; planes, trains or automobiles?
Planes! I love to fly, it usually means you are going to visit a land much further than your own too. Nothing beats that surge as the plane lift's off the runway.

4. Top 3 travel items? (after the obvious phone, purse and camera)
A good pair of shoes
Baby wipes
Lip balm

5. Hostel or hotel? 
Hotel 100%. I couldn't share a bathroom with people I don't know or sleep with stranger's within the same room/house. Plus the modesty factor is important and lack of privacy would really annoy me...and you know, some people are just gross.

6. Are you a repeat visitor or do you explore new places?
Explore new places. I only repeat if family live there or the person i'm with has never been but I have. It's rare that I get to travel so when I do I like it to be fresh and exciting. It's also another country ticked of the ole bucket/life list.

7. Do you read up on your destination (culture, history, safety...) or do you wing it?
Yes, unless I have somebody from that country with me in which case I will rely on them for all the insider info. If I/we travel alone then I will plan everything down to the dot, it usually never goes to plan because there's lots to do and see and so many factor's can impact it but it's best to be over prepared than not at all. I need a little bit of control or knowledge on my side in a foreign place.



8. Favourite travel website? 
tripadvisor, tripomatic, lonelyplanet, spottedbylocals, hotchpotch hijabi in italy and londontown is great for when you're travelling to, well, London.

9. Where would you recommend a friend to visit? Name a city & explain why.
Amman, Jordan.
As a tourist you will have an amazing time as everything is easily available, hospitality is amazing - nothing is ever too much hassle, the food is fab, hair and beauty treatment's are a steal i.e hair salon, nails, turkish bath or hijama and if you're a Muslim you can pray anywhere and have the luxury of hearing the athan no matter where you are. There's also coach trip's to the dead sea, Petra, Wadi Rum and Aqaba. Read 20 reason's why I love Jordan to see why you should visit!

10, You're leaving tomorrow, money is no option, where are you going?
Sydney, Australia - to visit for the first time and to see my friend who i haven't seen in year's. Or New York, NY - because it's New York. Or if I wanted a relaxing holiday then it would have to be something like The Villas Hotel & Spa, Bali. I always wanted to visit Indonesia and this place would be bliss. Your own place with a private pool?! I don't think i'd ever leave! Swimming is my release, and to do it in the open with no hijab?! You don't have to ask me twice. Mermaid is the meaning of my name afterall.

Actually if "money is no option", i'd visit all three and then maybe Italy, Saudi, Morocco, Brazil...i'd travel worldwide!

1 comment :

  1. It's remarkable to pay a visit this web page and reading the views of all friends on the topic of this paragraph, while I am also zealous of getting experience.
    Fine cubic zirconia jewelry

    ReplyDelete

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...