Sunday, 1 September 2013

AUGUST RECAP - Link Love

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

August



Eid Mubarak! - Zumba - Purple Porridge
Henna - Bath bombs galore - Hummus Crusted Chicken
Wedding Cupcakes - Eid Card - CLOUDS


Here's another snap of the most amazing sky at sunset, from when we went out for our Eid meal

SubhanAllah

Hubby finally had some time off which had been saving up for the longest time so we relaxed, went sight seeing in London, shopped in different cities... simply enjoyed time alone. We were planning on a break in the lake district but decided against it. As beautiful as the place is, we wanted to do alot more with our time.

These chucks were made for walking - Eid pyjamas - Amirah hijab organisation
LONDON -Nandos - Islamic relief charity event cake
Henna - The beautiful Trentham Gardens - Chocolate orange marble cake

We visited:

  • London
  • Manchester
  • Rusholme
  • Trafford centre
  • Sea Life at The Trafford Centre (do not go, it's daylight robbery!)
We were planning on visiting a butterfly farm and going to Leicester and seeing the tropical birdland (after reading about it on Aqeelas blog!) and other bits but time simply escaped us!


  • First ever Nando's (I know where have I been?) with the fam in wolverhampton
  • A local Islamic relief charity event for Syria
  • Got some belated eid henna
  • Visited Trentham gardens for the first time, it is so wonderful, we walked the lake. Next time we want to go in the maze and rent a rowing boat! Although hubby got bitten to pieces so I may have to do some persuading!
  • I cooked 2 new chicken dishes
  • I also baked a chocolate orange marble cake
  • It was the month of molokhia!

Molokhia mlukhia however you wish to spell it in English, there will be a blog post on this in the future inshaAllah


The job I applied for (a few months back) now wish to take me on full time, just when I had enrolled to do an Access course at college for Uni next year...subhanAllah. 
Yes, i'm officially a student, again... because it's never too late!

Islamic Knowledge



TV & MOVIES

  • Dexter (oh my..!!)
  • Gossip Girl (to see what the hype is about, and mostly because I like to see the sights of NYC)
  • 24 (everyone raves about it but i find it drags and the acting isnt so great, but we are giving it a shot)
  • Daria (again, lots of hype but its just alright)
  • A Bronx Tale (A De Niro movie, fantastic)
  • Food Inc (another food production documentary, i don't know how i even eat anything these days)
  • X Games: The Movie (One of my favourite things to watch and I hope to see it live one day. Just the skatebording & MotoX though!)
  • Red Lights (Another De Niro movie, was good)
  • A Guy Thing (Jason Lee but best of all Julia Stiles, my favourite actress)
  • Rango (Johnny Depp animation, it drags somewhat, we couldnt watch it in one go!)
  • The Hit List (Cuba Gooding Jnr movie, not his best, no where near the level of men of honour, which is another de niro movie, lol, what can I say?)
  • Katy Perry: Part of Me (I was curious, and it did make alot of people cry when she broke down but still then pushed herself to continue her tour. Dollar signs over heart strings I guess.)


Books
Finally, I started the NY Times bestseller "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin.
I wanted to read far more before I started the academic year but with our little holiday, there wasn't much chance, and you know i'm not one for car reading!

Trafford Centre Elephant Campaign & Entrance with unicorn! - Sea Life
Big Ben - The White Tower (Tower of London) - Westminster Abbey (or crabbey as we called it. YAY for FRIENDS references)
London Bridge from our boat - Bath marbles - Fountains with rainbow in Manchester's Piccadilly Garden



3 comments :

  1. Asalamu alaikum :)

    Thank you for the wonderful post, like the theme and design...

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam alaikum. I liked this post,inspirational

    ReplyDelete

~~La ilaha il Allah~~

Thank you for the comment. I love reading them all. I'm really sorry if I can't reply to everyone but I do try my best. Hope you understand. Peace.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...